- licorice (thin pieces)
- candies (ones with holes in the centers, like lifesavers)
- you can use a long piece of string, yarn or wool instead of licorice
This friendship bracelet is best done with a friend or two!
- Thread the licorice through the RED lifesaver candy and tie a knot.
- Repeat with the GREEN lifesaver candy next.
- Repeat with the GOLD/YELLOW lifesaver candy.
- Make 2 bracelets and share one of the bracelets and the meaning of all of the colours with a friend.
- If you want to make a fancier necklace, still use the licorice but add the colours below and share their meanings with a friend!
The meaning of each colour:
- RED: - God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. Verse: John 3:16.
- GREEN: - When I receive God's love, obey Him and follow Him, I grow like a green tree. Verse: Psalm 1:3.
- GOLD: - There is a promise that must be told - In Heaven the streets are of pure gold, once you have received God's love you know you will see Him in Heaven one day. Verse: Revelation 21:21.
- BLACK: - In the beginning, everything was black. God then created the heavens and the earth. Verse: Genesis 1:1.
- BLUE: - God created the sky so blue. He created me and He created you! Verse: Psalm 53:2.
- WHITE: - Our sins are forgiven and we are as white as snow. Verse: Isaiah 1:18.
- PURPLE: - We are God's children. He is the King. We are royal children. Verse: John 1:12.
- GREEN: - We can grow to be strong Christians as we read our Bible and pray. Verse: Psalm 1:3.
- ORANGE: - The Holy Spirit gives us power, to share with others about God's wonderful plan. Verse: Acts 1:8.